p: (609) 631 - 4148 ext 3656
Our Guidance Program
Our guidance program includes Individual and Group Counseling for students experiencing difficulties. A student may see Mrs. Sotomayor when he or she is:
- Having trouble making friends
- Anxious about attending school or completing school work
- Having a problem with family or friends
- Experiencing the loss of a loved relative, friend, or pet
- Experiencing a divorce, marriage, new sibling, or other change in the family
Referrals for parents to access mental health resources in the community can be provided.
At the beginning of the school year, each class is refreshed on Naomi Drew's Win/Win Conflict Resolution Guidelines. When conflicts arise between students throughout the year, they are encouraged to use the Win/Win guidelines to help resolve problems peacefully. Mrs. Sotomayor is available to assist students in resolving a conflict.
Activities throughout the year that promote the development of good character, i.e., Respect, Responsibility, Caring, Citizenship, Fairness, Trustworthiness, Tolerance and Diversity.
Classroom guidance lessons taught in each classroom throughout the year. The Hamilton Township Elementary Guidance Curriculum focuses on Personal/Social, Academic, and Career Development.