Mrs. Cheeseman, RN, BSN, MSA
p: (609) 631-4170 option 3
During this time of remote learning, if you need to get in touch with me, please continue to leave a message on my voicemail or email me (see above for phone number and email address). I can access my voicemail and email from home.
*** Please remember handwashing is a top priority!! Also reinforce not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth and to cover all coughs and sneezes. This was all reviewed with your children but reinforcement is always useful and helpful!!! Thank you in advance for your continued support with helping each other stay healthy!!!
Coronavirus Resources - please click on the links below for additional resources and games
- Talking to your Children about CoVid-19
- The Turtle Game
- Don't Touch Your Face Game
- The Spaghetti Exercise
Additional Resources for Food - please click on the links below for a list of Free Meal locations and of Food Pantries in Mercer County.
**IMMUNIZATIONS CONTINUE TO BE A STATE REQUIREMENT for the beginning of the next school year (September 2020)**
Requirements for Incoming Kindergarten Students:
- Updated physical- Universal Health Record completed by their doctor
- Updated immunization record
- Student Health History- completed by the parent / guardian
Requirements for Outgoing 5th grade students:
- Booster Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, Acellular Petussis)
- One dose of a meningococccal- containing vaccine.
Immunizations are expected to be completed soon after their 11th birthday. If your child has a birthday after the first day of school in September, please send in to the school nurse a doctor's note with the appointment date the immunizations will be given.
Some Important Reminders When We Return To School...
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS/CLASSROOM PARTIES
- Because of multiple food allergies, we are encouraging crafts and classroom activities for birthdays and celebrations.
- All students must comply with New Jersey State Immunization requirements or they will be excluded from school.
- If your child needs to have medicine (prescribed or over the counter) during the school day contact the health office and you will be given forms to be filled out by the parent/guardian and the physician.
- Medication must be provided in a pharmacy container with proper label and date.
- All medication must be brought to school by an adult.
- Please remember to call the Attendance Mailbox at 631-4170, option #4 and leave a message if your child is going to be late or absent from school.
- Please remember to sign the children in if they are late (8:55am or later). Children need to be walked in after the bell has rung.
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
- Please call or send in a note if your emergency phone numbers have changed during the course of the school year. It is important to be able to reach parents/guardians quickly in case of an emergency.
ABSENCE DUE TO FEVER
- Children with a temperature of 100 degrees or more may not be in school. Children should be fever free for 24 hours withoutTylenol, Advil, Motrin or any other fever reducing medications prior to returning to school.
- Please alert the nurse of any changes in your child’s health (new illness/diagnosis, medication changes, fractures, etc.). If you have any questions/concerns, please call 631-4170 option #3 or email email@example.com.