Degrees and Certifications:
BA Rowan University in Education : Specialization in Health and Physical Education K-12 Fundamentals of Coaching Cert First Aid/CPR/AED Cert CrossFit Level 1 Cert
Thank YOU for taking the time to drop by! I'm Ms. Camera and welcome all! At GMS, I currently teach 7th and 8th grade Physical Education as well as 6th grade Health. I believe that through identifying key behaviors of good health, I am able to guide my students toward good health and set OUR youth up for success!
6th GRADE HEALTH
- One marking period course
- 45 days
- L.E.A.D Program with Officer Sal (10)
- Basic Wellness (8)
- Understanding Your Health & Wellness and all aspects
- Personal Hygiene & Basic Health Care
- Preventing diseases by maintain good health
- Nutrition (7-8)
- Creating a Health Eating plan & getting nutrients
- Home Safety (3-5)
- Preventing accidents at home& treating injuries
- Online safety/social media safety
- Environmental Health (3)
- Identifying hazards in the environment
- Puberty (7)
- Tobacco/Vaping (3)
*Any classwork not finished during class time should be finished that night, ready to go for the next day. Sttudents will always be given time to finish work during class.
In Middle School Physical Education, students will discover new ways to move, practice, and perform. Students will have the opportunity to pick electives including an individual, team, or fitness acitivty. These electives include but are not limited to basketball, soccer, badminton, handball, pickleball, wiffle ball, flag football, juggling, circuits, and our walking/running acitivites on our course. Students will also have exposure to various other cooperative indoor team games.
I hope that your sons/daughters make the best decisions to set them up for a great year at GMS.