Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year!
Dear Lalor Families,
Welcome back Lalor Lions! Bienvenido a un nuevo año!
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! I hope everyone enjoyed their summer vacation and is ready for the new school year to begin.
The district theme, Building a Better Tomorrow Together, will come to life within Lalor Elementary as we continue to provide our students with the tools they need for success. This year, we will continue to foster a positive culture and climate for students and families through daily morning meeting, counseling services, family engagement events, and more.
Another way we are building a better tomorrow together at Lalor is by giving all students in Kindergarten through 5th grade experience with new and innovative technology tools. We will receive new chromebooks, and tools for coding and STEM called Little Bits, Spheros, Botley the Coding Robot, and a robot mouse. This means students will have fun while also developing important skills such as critical thinking, communication, problem solving, and creativity.
You are invited to attend the following two events on Tuesday, September 3rd:
- Back to School Social - 2:45-3:30 pm - You and your child are invited to stop by Lalor to meet your new teacher, visit your new classroom, and enjoy a cold ice cream treat.
- Kindergarten Scavenger Hunt - 2:45-3:30 pm - Welcome incoming Kindergarten students! You and your child are invited to meet your teacher and participate in a fun Scavenger Hunt to learn about your classroom.
The first day of school for all students is Wednesday, September 4th, 8:45 am – 1:15 pm. All students will meet their teacher in the back of the school before going to their classroom. It is important for your child to arrive on time each and every day as instruction begins promptly. Arrivals past 8:55 am will be marked as late and students will need to sign in at the main office. Please check out website for additional information about procedures, resources, and important dates.
Once again, welcome back! I look forward to a strong start to another successful year.
Back To School Checklist:
- Access Parent Portal - PowerSchool at https://hamilton.powerschool.com
- Complete online Free/reduced lunch application (if needed)
- Access & update student lunch account at payschoolscentral.com
- Forms to complete and return to school:
- Dismissal Form for each child and return to school on Day 1 (yellow)
- Student Code of Conduct - signed & returned