Monday November 11, 2019 through Friday November 15, 2019
- BFF/FOR Club Members: We will be meeting on Thursday of this week in D3. A reminder to get your paragraph to Mrs. Niedrach if you are interested in becoming a group leader. The paragraph should describe why you believe you would make a good leader.
- Red Ribbon Voting: Want to help Crockett win $1,000? All you have to do is go online and vote. Go to redribbon.org. Then click Vote Now. Scroll down to the search field and enter Crockett. It's that easy. Vote today and everyday until November 16th. Tell your friends and family! Thank you for your kindness.
Monday November 11, 2019
- All Lost & Found items will be on a table in the commons area today. Please stop and look for any items you may have lost this school year. Any items not claimed will be donated after the Holidays in January.
- If you are struggling or could use help with your homework, please sign up for Crockett's Homework Club! Please see your teacher or come to the main office for a permission slip. Homework help is every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 7:00am to 7:45am.
Tuesday November 12, 2019
- Sigma - Test #1 - Geometry
Zachary Shah - 7
Jacob Berish - 6
Jack Burke - 6
Mark Tezak - 6
- Sigma - Test #1 - 8th Grade Algebra
Jaxon Filippi - 6
Lauren Hardiman - 5
Nicole Merlo - 5
Karolina Stojke - 5
- Sigma - Test #1 - 7th Grade Algebra
Claudia DaSilva - 4
Jack Ford - 4
Gia Milinowicz - 4
- Sigma - Test #1 - Honors 7th Grade
Simran Jadoo -5
Aidan Lipman - 5
Logan McGuire - 5
Jose Davila - 4
Isabella Diaz - 4
Tyler Fuller - 4
- Sigma - Test #1 - 6th Grade Enriched Math
Evan Chen - 5
Paul Dusenbery - 4
Lois L'Oiseau - 4
- Sigma - Test #1 - Honors 6th Grade
Ashauni Banton - 5
John Taylor - 4
Maigh Patel - 4
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 through Friday, November 15, 2019
Attention yearbook staff - there will be a meeting in A15 on Friday, November 15, 2019 during lunch!
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Way to go Crockett Cougars! You went from 93% of you here on Monday to 96% here on Tuesday. Stay tuned for some new and exciting attendance incentives!! Keep up the good work!
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 through Thursday, November 21, 2019
Please join us for the 2nd annual HTSD Tech Night on November 21st from 5-8pm at Crockett Middle School. Bring your friends and family to see the technology in our schools and chat with career professionals. learn about coding, robotics, aviation, and STEAM in our schools. There will be two food trucks present as well. Don't miss it! Check out the district website for information.
Friday, November 15, 2019
Beginning Today, November 15, 2019 the Attendance Committee of Crockett Middle School will be monitoring student's attendance. There will be prizes for perfect attendance, most improved attendance, and parties for homerooms who have the best attendance. Stay tuned for more details!
November 15 - November 26, 2019
We will be having a food drive starting on Monday November 18th and ending on Tuesday November 26, 2019. Please, bring non-perishable food items to your homeroom. Items will be tallied and credit given for our battle of the houses. Show you care about others AND help your house win!
November 18 - November 25, 2019
Picture retakes will be on Tuesday, November 26th. If you plan on having your picture retaken, please notify your Homeroom Teacher this week. This will be the last opportunity to have your picture taken so that it appears in the yearbook. On Picture Day, students will be called down by homeroom. Any questions please see Mrs. Seitz in the Main Office.
November 18 - November 22, 2019
There will be a track meet between Crockett, Reynolds and Grice at Nottingham High School on Saturday November 23, 2019 from 9am to 11am. Please come out and support Crockett. Go Cougars!!!
November 20, 2019
1. Student Council members please remember to check your email for important updates
2. The Middle School Winter Sport will be Volleyball!!! If you are interested in participating, please pick up an information packet and parent permission slip during all lunches today. Volleyball..It's not how tall you ARE, it's how tall you PLAY. Play Huge!
November 20 - 22, 2019
Spirit week is next week! Show your spirit! Monday - Wear your favorite sports jersey. Tuesday - Dress for your favorite decade. Wednesday - A house wear Yellow and B house wear blue. Help your house win!!
November 20 - November 27, 2019
Crockett Students! Please listen carefully as we have an important announcement regarding the Turkey Shoot! Monday, November 25th kicks off our Spirit week. Leading up to the Turkey Shoot, you can earn bonus points for your House (A or B) by participating in our Spirit Days.
- Monday, November 25th will be "Sports Team Day"--Dress in closths representing your favorite sports team
-Tuesday, November 26th will be "Decade Day"--Dress in cloths from your favorite decade
-Wednesday, November 27th is "Crockett Spirit-wear Day"--Wear GOLD if your homeroom is A-House and BLUE if your homeroom is B-House
**All dress code policies are in effect during Spirit Week**
Your homeroom teacher will keep a daily tally of those who participate in our Spirit Day themes. Each student who participates counts for one extra point towards the Turkey Shoot.
You can also earn extra points for your house by donating non-perishable goods for our food drive. There will be two seperate donation bins for each house...A-House will leave their donated goods in a bin outside of the library entrance on the A-House side and B-House will leave their donated goods near the library entrance on the B-House side. Each donation earns your house one point!! I know we can count on your support, Cougars, because Cougars care! Let's show our school spirit!
November 21, 2019
Any 6th grade student who is interested in Photography club must come see Mr. Tisone in Homeroom this morning so they can sign out a lunch pass.
November 22, 2019
- Congratulations to 6th grader Evan Chen, who has completed more than 500 lessons on Imagine Math. he is not only number one in our school, but also in the state of New Jersey. Keep up the good work Evan!
- All students competing in the track and field meet tomorrow, Saturday November 23rd at Nottingham High School, please make sure to wear sweats, hoodies, hats and gloves over your track gear.
- Attention Students: There are BFF meetings during all lunches today
November 25, 2019
- All student council members who ordered t-shirts please report to the auditorium during the last 5 minutes of 1st period
- There will be no yearbook meeting this week. Please stop by A15 Wednesday morning for nametags
- Art Crew members will be posted outside of the auditorium and outside of A15 on Wednesday November 27th
- This is a reminder that picture re-takes will be tomorrow November 26th. Students will be provided a pass during homeroom on Tuesday with the time they are to report to the auditorium.
November 26, 2019
Teachers at this time fill out your google forms and let us know how many students participated in today's spirit wear!
Attention Students: Art crew members are now posted on the auditorium doors. Any questions please see Ms. Huchel.
Students please remember to sign up for volleyball. The packets are in the main office.
Reminder student council school store committee will be meeting during your lunch in the library
BFF Members: There will be NO meeting today during lunches. We will meet instead on Monday December 2nd.
December 2, 2019
- BFF Members: Beacuse of the one session day, BFF will be meeting tomorrow (Tuesday, December 3rd)
- All afternoon activities are cancelled, including the faculty meeting
- The Start with Hello assemblies will be rescheduled
- Today will be a one session day
December 4, 2019
- Attention Yearbook Staff: There will be a yearbook meeting on Friday in A15. Thank you!
December 5, 2019
- All aboard the quest express. Join us in PAJAMA DAY, next week on Friday December 13th. This is a fundraiser for Ryan's Quest. In order to wear pajamas you must donate at least $2 to help find a cure or treatment for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Please remember pajamas must be school appropriate, they may not be revealing or see through.
- Any 6th grade student who is interested in Photography Club must come see Mr. Tisone in Homeroom this morning so they can sign out a lunch pass.
December 6, 2019
- Congratulations to ALL of Miss Michaels' Vocal Music students on a remarkable performance last night at your Winter concert. Great Job!
- There will be a giving tree in the Media Center, to help students at Crockett. If you are interested in supporting these students please take an ornament from the tree and return that unwrapped NEW gift to the Media Center by Monday, December 16th. There will be a box where all the gifts will go. Let's show these Crockett Families we care! Thank you for your support!
December 9, 2019
- Friday this week is Pajama Day! To wear pajamas you must make a donation to Ryan's Quest for research for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Each person wearing pajamas should donate $2.00 or more. Donations will be collected in homeroom on Friday. Remember pajamas must be school appropriate. No see through pajamas!
December 10, 2019
- Attention all 8th Grade Students Attending Steinert Next Year: Steinert High School will be having their 8th Grade Orientation on Wednesday, Januayr 8th at 6:30PM in the Steinert auditorium. Students and parents are encouraged to attend.
- BFF/FOR club members that were selected to attend the Grove Nursing Home: The permission slips for th trip are due tomorrow. Be sure to get them to Mrs. Niedrach in B House Office.
December 12, 2019
- The Book Fair will be in the media center from December 12th through December 19th. Be ready to shop. Each student who buys a book will get a raffle ticket. Winners will be announced on Thursday afternoon. Can't wait to see everyone.
- BFF/FOR club members: We will be meeting on Friday of this week.
December 16, 2019
BFF/FOR members: We will be wrapping gifts today in the Media Center during lunches. Please, eat your lunch quickly and report to the media center. Thank you.
December 17, 2019
Any middle school student who attends a game at Nottingham High School or Hamilton High West must show their school ID to be admitted to the games. The cost of entry to the games is $2.00.
December 19, 2019
All Students and Staff - Tomorrow we are following a one session day schedule until 12:45pm. At 12:45pm all students are to report to homeroom and listen for announcement via grade level to follow the schedule. Students will move in 3 rotations, the gym, the cafeteria and the auditorium. Thank you.
January 3, 2020
- Volleyball packets are due by January 8th. Please drop packets off to the nurse's office. Don't miss out on playing this season's sport of volleyball
- Attention 8th Grade Students attending Nottingham next year: There is an open house on Tursday, January 16th at 6:30pm in the Nottingham auditorium. Students and parents are encouraged to attend.
- Attention 8th Grade Students attending West next year: There is an open house on Wednesday, January 15th at 6:30pm in the West auditorium. All students and parents are encouraged to attend.
January 9, 2020
- The play cast and dancers will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays in January. Please check the auditorium doors for your name. Backstage, sound and lighting crews will meet Thursdays, January 16th with Dr. Williams in the media center from 3:15-4:15. Please check the auditorium doors for your name.
- There will be an informational meeting for all chorus and stage crew members on Monday January 13th. We will meet right after school in the auditorium. Please make sure you have a ride at 4:15pm.
- If any student has a completed sports packet for volleyball, a completed packet only, please bring it to the Health Office this morning.
January 13, 2020
- Congratulations Cougars!!! We did it!! Homerooms are still competing regarding which homeroom has the best attendance. The PTA has planned something special for the winning homeroom!
- Now here for some big news: Cougars-our absenteeism rate has dropped from 15% to 9%!!!!! Awesome job students! Fact: students who do better in school are the ones who have great attendance! We will keep the incentives and prizes for attendance coming!
- We are beginning to plan our Black History Month Assembly. If you are interested in performing, please let your counselor know by Wednesday 1/15/2020.
- Play cast meets this week on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:30pm. Chorus meets this week on Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:30pm. Sound and lighting crew meet with Dr. Williams in the media center on Thursday from 3:15 to 4:15pm. BACKSTAGE CREW WILL NOT MEET TODAY!!! Backstage crew meets Thursday this week in the media center from 3:15 to 4:15pm. Make sure you have a ride home by the times indicated.
- All 8th Grade student council members we will have a meeting during your lunch on Wednesday January 15th in the library. Please be in the library by 12:30.
- The play cast and dancers will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays in January. Please check the auditorium doors for your name. Chorus meets Wednesday from 3:15-4:30pm. Backstage, sound and lighting crews will meet Thursday, January 16th with Dr. Williams in the media center from 3:15 to 4:15pm. Please check the auditorium doors for your name.
January 14, 2020
- Congraulations to the following homerooms, by grade level with perfect attendance as of December 1, 2020 - 6th Grade A5, 7th Grade B9 and 8th Grade B24 - Keep up the good work
- To all students who signed up for volleyball: Volleyball will begin tomorrow, Wednesday January 15, 2020. Please report to the Gym at dismissal time. If you are unsure if your paperwork is complete please stop by the main office and see Mrs. Azzarello
January 15, 2020
- Today, Wednesday 1/15/2020, only the leads and understudies will meet with Ms. Pell. Thursday, 1/16/20202 the leads, understudies and all backstage crew, sound crew and light crew will meet. Leades and understudies in the auditorium and backstage crew with Dr. Williams and Ms. Olitsky in the media center. All chorus and dancers will meet ONLY on Wednesday, January 22nd and Wednesday, January 29th. Check the auditorium doors or google classrom and join for calendar and announcements. Practice is from 3:15-4:15pm for chorus and 3:15-4:30pm for everyone else. You must have a ride home to participate.
- Reminder all 8th grade student council members are to meet in the media center at 12:30 today 1/15/2020.
January 16, 2020
- Addams Family Leads and understudies meet today from 3:15-4:30pm in the auditorium
- Art Crew meets with Ms. Huchel today.
- All backstage crew: sound and light and backstage meet in the media center with Dr. Williams and Ms. Olitsky today from 3:15 - 4:15pm
- The attendance committee of Crockett Middle School will be monitoring student's attendance. There will be prizes for perfect attendance, most improved attendance and parties for homerooms who have the best attendance. Stay tuned for more details!
- We are beginning to plan our annual Black History Month Assembly. If you are interested in performing, please let your counselor know.
January 17, 2020
- A day art crew members please pick up a broadway show packet and play contract from the media center ASAP.
- Sound, light and backstage will NOT meet until the last week of January.
January 21, 2020
- Congratulations to 7th grade orchestra student, Mikayla Marinelli, on being named a finalist in this year's NJMEA Young Composers Competition. Mikayla made the top 3 out of all middle schoolers in New Jersey who participated in the competition. She will be invited to attend a clinic in Atlantic City to present her composition "Soon (the incident)" to a panel of judges for final placement. Way to make Crockett proud, Mikayla!
January 22, 2020
-The Student Council fundraising committee meeting for today is cancelled.
January 23, 2020
- Student Council fundraising committee will meet tomorrow during homeroom.
January 24, 2020
- Attention Art Crew - A Day (Tuesday January 28th) art crew is cancelled. Please make sure you have a ride home this coming Tuesday!
- Any student with a Music in the Parks payment please bring it to Ms. Reed or Ms. Michaels at this time!
- Don't forget Monday January 27, 2020 starts Pennies for Patients. Help by donating to help the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Which homeroom will win the Olive Garden lunch?
- Attention Crockett Cougars starting next week during all lunches Valentine's Day flowers will be sold for $1.00. Buy your firends a flower and write them a note. Flowers will be deliver to homerooms on Valentine's Day.
- Student council fundraising commitee this is a reminder you have a meeting now during homeroom in the auditorium.
- Staff Member of the Month for January Ms. Jodi Sorichillo - Goes above and beyond job responsibilities, always has a smilor or a kind word, willing to put the needs of others first, approaches her work with creativity and joy, serves as a positive role model for the school community. She has gone above and beyond to help students. She offers students extra help at lunchtime and is helping with their lessons even though she does not have them in her classes. When asked, she says she is doing this for the benefit of the students and she does not want them to fall behind. She truly exemplifies what it means to serve students.
- Congratulations to our January students of the month: Sam Webb, Alyssa Mesday, Abdo Paul, Lizbeth Ortiz Coronel, John Rizk and Sadie Wolak.