Monday November 11, 2019 through Friday November 15, 2019
- BFF/FOR Club Members: We will be meeting on Thursday of this week in D3. A reminder to get your paragraph to Mrs. Niedrach if you are interested in becoming a group leader. The paragraph should describe why you believe you would make a good leader.
- Red Ribbon Voting: Want to help Crockett win $1,000? All you have to do is go online and vote. Go to redribbon.org. Then click Vote Now. Scroll down to the search field and enter Crockett. It's that easy. Vote today and everyday until November 16th. Tell your friends and family! Thank you for your kindness.
Monday November 11, 2019
- All Lost & Found items will be on a table in the commons area today. Please stop and look for any items you may have lost this school year. Any items not claimed will be donated after the Holidays in January.
- If you are struggling or could use help with your homework, please sign up for Crockett's Homework Club! Please see your teacher or come to the main office for a permission slip. Homework help is every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 7:00am to 7:45am.
Tuesday November 12, 2019
- Sigma - Test #1 - Geometry
Zachary Shah - 7
Jacob Berish - 6
Jack Burke - 6
Mark Tezak - 6
- Sigma - Test #1 - 8th Grade Algebra
Jaxon Filippi - 6
Lauren Hardiman - 5
Nicole Merlo - 5
Karolina Stojke - 5
- Sigma - Test #1 - 7th Grade Algebra
Claudia DaSilva - 4
Jack Ford - 4
Gia Milinowicz - 4
- Sigma - Test #1 - Honors 7th Grade
Simran Jadoo -5
Aidan Lipman - 5
Logan McGuire - 5
Jose Davila - 4
Isabella Diaz - 4
Tyler Fuller - 4
- Sigma - Test #1 - 6th Grade Enriched Math
Evan Chen - 5
Paul Dusenbery - 4
Lois L'Oiseau - 4
- Sigma - Test #1 - Honors 6th Grade
Ashauni Banton - 5
John Taylor - 4
Maigh Patel - 4
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 through Friday, November 15, 2019
Attention yearbook staff - there will be a meeting in A15 on Friday, November 15, 2019 during lunch!
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Way to go Crockett Cougars! You went from 93% of you here on Monday to 96% here on Tuesday. Stay tuned for some new and exciting attendance incentives!! Keep up the good work!
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 through Thursday, November 21, 2019
Please join us for the 2nd annual HTSD Tech Night on November 21st from 5-8pm at Crockett Middle School. Bring your friends and family to see the technology in our schools and chat with career professionals. learn about coding, robotics, aviation, and STEAM in our schools. There will be two food trucks present as well. Don't miss it! Check out the district website for information.
Friday, November 15, 2019
Beginning Today, November 15, 2019 the Attendance Committee of Crockett Middle School will be monitoring student's attendance. There will be prizes for perfect attendance, most improved attendance, and parties for homerooms who have the best attendance. Stay tuned for more details!
November 15 - November 26, 2019
We will be having a food drive starting on Monday November 18th and ending on Tuesday November 26, 2019. Please, bring non-perishable food items to your homeroom. Items will be tallied and credit given for our battle of the houses. Show you care about others AND help your house win!
November 18 - November 25, 2019
Picture retakes will be on Tuesday, November 26th. If you plan on having your picture retaken, please notify your Homeroom Teacher this week. This will be the last opportunity to have your picture taken so that it appears in the yearbook. On Picture Day, students will be called down by homeroom. Any questions please see Mrs. Seitz in the Main Office.
November 18 - November 22, 2019
There will be a track meet between Crockett, Reynolds and Grice at Nottingham High School on Saturday November 23, 2019 from 9am to 11am. Please come out and support Crockett. Go Cougars!!!
November 20, 2019
1. Student Council members please remember to check your email for important updates
2. The Middle School Winter Sport will be Volleyball!!! If you are interested in participating, please pick up an information packet and parent permission slip during all lunches today. Volleyball..It's not how tall you ARE, it's how tall you PLAY. Play Huge!
November 20 - 22, 2019
Spirit week is next week! Show your spirit! Monday - Wear your favorite sports jersey. Tuesday - Dress for your favorite decade. Wednesday - A house wear Yellow and B house wear blue. Help your house win!!
November 20 - November 27, 2019
Crockett Students! Please listen carefully as we have an important announcement regarding the Turkey Shoot! Monday, November 25th kicks off our Spirit week. Leading up to the Turkey Shoot, you can earn bonus points for your House (A or B) by participating in our Spirit Days.
- Monday, November 25th will be "Sports Team Day"--Dress in closths representing your favorite sports team
-Tuesday, November 26th will be "Decade Day"--Dress in cloths from your favorite decade
-Wednesday, November 27th is "Crockett Spirit-wear Day"--Wear GOLD if your homeroom is A-House and BLUE if your homeroom is B-House
**All dress code policies are in effect during Spirit Week**
Your homeroom teacher will keep a daily tally of those who participate in our Spirit Day themes. Each student who participates counts for one extra point towards the Turkey Shoot.
You can also earn extra points for your house by donating non-perishable goods for our food drive. There will be two seperate donation bins for each house...A-House will leave their donated goods in a bin outside of the library entrance on the A-House side and B-House will leave their donated goods near the library entrance on the B-House side. Each donation earns your house one point!! I know we can count on your support, Cougars, because Cougars care! Let's show our school spirit!
November 21, 2019
Any 6th grade student who is interested in Photography club must come see Mr. Tisone in Homeroom this morning so they can sign out a lunch pass.
November 22, 2019
- Congratulations to 6th grader Evan Chen, who has completed more than 500 lessons on Imagine Math. he is not only number one in our school, but also in the state of New Jersey. Keep up the good work Evan!
- All students competing in the track and field meet tomorrow, Saturday November 23rd at Nottingham High School, please make sure to wear sweats, hoodies, hats and gloves over your track gear.
- Attention Students: There are BFF meetings during all lunches today
November 25, 2019
- All student council members who ordered t-shirts please report to the auditorium during the last 5 minutes of 1st period
- There will be no yearbook meeting this week. Please stop by A15 Wednesday morning for nametags
- Art Crew members will be posted outside of the auditorium and outside of A15 on Wednesday November 27th
- This is a reminder that picture re-takes will be tomorrow November 26th. Students will be provided a pass during homeroom on Tuesday with the time they are to report to the auditorium.
November 26, 2019
Teachers at this time fill out your google forms and let us know how many students participated in today's spirit wear!
Attention Students: Art crew members are now posted on the auditorium doors. Any questions please see Ms. Huchel.
Students please remember to sign up for volleyball. The packets are in the main office.
Reminder student council school store committee will be meeting during your lunch in the library
BFF Members: There will be NO meeting today during lunches. We will meet instead on Monday December 2nd.
December 2, 2019
- BFF Members: Beacuse of the one session day, BFF will be meeting tomorrow (Tuesday, December 3rd)
- All afternoon activities are cancelled, including the faculty meeting
- The Start with Hello assemblies will be rescheduled
- Today will be a one session day
December 4, 2019
- Attention Yearbook Staff: There will be a yearbook meeting on Friday in A15. Thank you!
December 5, 2019
- All aboard the quest express. Join us in PAJAMA DAY, next week on Friday December 13th. This is a fundraiser for Ryan's Quest. In order to wear pajamas you must donate at least $2 to help find a cure or treatment for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Please remember pajamas must be school appropriate, they may not be revealing or see through.
- Any 6th grade student who is interested in Photography Club must come see Mr. Tisone in Homeroom this morning so they can sign out a lunch pass.
December 6, 2019
- Congratulations to ALL of Miss Michaels' Vocal Music students on a remarkable performance last night at your Winter concert. Great Job!
- There will be a giving tree in the Media Center, to help students at Crockett. If you are interested in supporting these students please take an ornament from the tree and return that unwrapped NEW gift to the Media Center by Monday, December 16th. There will be a box where all the gifts will go. Let's show these Crockett Families we care! Thank you for your support!
December 9, 2019
- Friday this week is Pajama Day! To wear pajamas you must make a donation to Ryan's Quest for research for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Each person wearing pajamas should donate $2.00 or more. Donations will be collected in homeroom on Friday. Remember pajamas must be school appropriate. No see through pajamas!
December 10, 2019
- Attention all 8th Grade Students Attending Steinert Next Year: Steinert High School will be having their 8th Grade Orientation on Wednesday, Januayr 8th at 6:30PM in the Steinert auditorium. Students and parents are encouraged to attend.
- BFF/FOR club members that were selected to attend the Grove Nursing Home: The permission slips for th trip are due tomorrow. Be sure to get them to Mrs. Niedrach in B House Office.
December 12, 2019
- The Book Fair will be in the media center from December 12th through December 19th. Be ready to shop. Each student who buys a book will get a raffle ticket. Winners will be announced on Thursday afternoon. Can't wait to see everyone.
- BFF/FOR club members: We will be meeting on Friday of this week.
December 16, 2019
BFF/FOR members: We will be wrapping gifts today in the Media Center during lunches. Please, eat your lunch quickly and report to the media center. Thank you.
December 17, 2019
Any middle school student who attends a game at Nottingham High School or Hamilton High West must show their school ID to be admitted to the games. The cost of entry to the games is $2.00.
December 19, 2019
All Students and Staff - Tomorrow we are following a one session day schedule until 12:45pm. At 12:45pm all students are to report to homeroom and listen for announcement via grade level to follow the schedule. Students will move in 3 rotations, the gym, the cafeteria and the auditorium. Thank you.
January 3, 2020
- Volleyball packets are due by January 8th. Please drop packets off to the nurse's office. Don't miss out on playing this season's sport of volleyball
- Attention 8th Grade Students attending Nottingham next year: There is an open house on Tursday, January 16th at 6:30pm in the Nottingham auditorium. Students and parents are encouraged to attend.
- Attention 8th Grade Students attending West next year: There is an open house on Wednesday, January 15th at 6:30pm in the West auditorium. All students and parents are encouraged to attend.
January 9, 2020
- The play cast and dancers will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays in January. Please check the auditorium doors for your name. Backstage, sound and lighting crews will meet Thursdays, January 16th with Dr. Williams in the media center from 3:15-4:15. Please check the auditorium doors for your name.
- There will be an informational meeting for all chorus and stage crew members on Monday January 13th. We will meet right after school in the auditorium. Please make sure you have a ride at 4:15pm.
- If any student has a completed sports packet for volleyball, a completed packet only, please bring it to the Health Office this morning.
January 13, 2020
- Congratulations Cougars!!! We did it!! Homerooms are still competing regarding which homeroom has the best attendance. The PTA has planned something special for the winning homeroom!
- Now here for some big news: Cougars-our absenteeism rate has dropped from 15% to 9%!!!!! Awesome job students! Fact: students who do better in school are the ones who have great attendance! We will keep the incentives and prizes for attendance coming!
- We are beginning to plan our Black History Month Assembly. If you are interested in performing, please let your counselor know by Wednesday 1/15/2020.
- Play cast meets this week on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:30pm. Chorus meets this week on Wednesday from 3:15 to 4:30pm. Sound and lighting crew meet with Dr. Williams in the media center on Thursday from 3:15 to 4:15pm. BACKSTAGE CREW WILL NOT MEET TODAY!!! Backstage crew meets Thursday this week in the media center from 3:15 to 4:15pm. Make sure you have a ride home by the times indicated.
- All 8th Grade student council members we will have a meeting during your lunch on Wednesday January 15th in the library. Please be in the library by 12:30.
- The play cast and dancers will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays in January. Please check the auditorium doors for your name. Chorus meets Wednesday from 3:15-4:30pm. Backstage, sound and lighting crews will meet Thursday, January 16th with Dr. Williams in the media center from 3:15 to 4:15pm. Please check the auditorium doors for your name.
January 14, 2020
- Congraulations to the following homerooms, by grade level with perfect attendance as of December 1, 2020 - 6th Grade A5, 7th Grade B9 and 8th Grade B24 - Keep up the good work
- To all students who signed up for volleyball: Volleyball will begin tomorrow, Wednesday January 15, 2020. Please report to the Gym at dismissal time. If you are unsure if your paperwork is complete please stop by the main office and see Mrs. Azzarello
January 15, 2020
- Today, Wednesday 1/15/2020, only the leads and understudies will meet with Ms. Pell. Thursday, 1/16/20202 the leads, understudies and all backstage crew, sound crew and light crew will meet. Leades and understudies in the auditorium and backstage crew with Dr. Williams and Ms. Olitsky in the media center. All chorus and dancers will meet ONLY on Wednesday, January 22nd and Wednesday, January 29th. Check the auditorium doors or google classrom and join for calendar and announcements. Practice is from 3:15-4:15pm for chorus and 3:15-4:30pm for everyone else. You must have a ride home to participate.
- Reminder all 8th grade student council members are to meet in the media center at 12:30 today 1/15/2020.
January 16, 2020
- Addams Family Leads and understudies meet today from 3:15-4:30pm in the auditorium
- Art Crew meets with Ms. Huchel today.
- All backstage crew: sound and light and backstage meet in the media center with Dr. Williams and Ms. Olitsky today from 3:15 - 4:15pm
- The attendance committee of Crockett Middle School will be monitoring student's attendance. There will be prizes for perfect attendance, most improved attendance and parties for homerooms who have the best attendance. Stay tuned for more details!
- We are beginning to plan our annual Black History Month Assembly. If you are interested in performing, please let your counselor know.
January 17, 2020
- A day art crew members please pick up a broadway show packet and play contract from the media center ASAP.
- Sound, light and backstage will NOT meet until the last week of January.
January 21, 2020
- Congratulations to 7th grade orchestra student, Mikayla Marinelli, on being named a finalist in this year's NJMEA Young Composers Competition. Mikayla made the top 3 out of all middle schoolers in New Jersey who participated in the competition. She will be invited to attend a clinic in Atlantic City to present her composition "Soon (the incident)" to a panel of judges for final placement. Way to make Crockett proud, Mikayla!
January 22, 2020
-The Student Council fundraising committee meeting for today is cancelled.
January 23, 2020
- Student Council fundraising committee will meet tomorrow during homeroom.
January 24, 2020
- Attention Art Crew - A Day (Tuesday January 28th) art crew is cancelled. Please make sure you have a ride home this coming Tuesday!
- Any student with a Music in the Parks payment please bring it to Ms. Reed or Ms. Michaels at this time!
- Don't forget Monday January 27, 2020 starts Pennies for Patients. Help by donating to help the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Which homeroom will win the Olive Garden lunch?
- Attention Crockett Cougars starting next week during all lunches Valentine's Day flowers will be sold for $1.00. Buy your firends a flower and write them a note. Flowers will be deliver to homerooms on Valentine's Day.
- Student council fundraising commitee this is a reminder you have a meeting now during homeroom in the auditorium.
- Staff Member of the Month for January Ms. Jodi Sorichillo - Goes above and beyond job responsibilities, always has a smilor or a kind word, willing to put the needs of others first, approaches her work with creativity and joy, serves as a positive role model for the school community. She has gone above and beyond to help students. She offers students extra help at lunchtime and is helping with their lessons even though she does not have them in her classes. When asked, she says she is doing this for the benefit of the students and she does not want them to fall behind. She truly exemplifies what it means to serve students.
- Congratulations to our January students of the month: Sam Webb, Alyssa Mesday, Abdo Paul, Lizbeth Ortiz Coronel, John Rizk and Sadie Wolak.
January 27, 2020
- Valentine's Day flowers will be on sale during lunch. They cost $1.00. All flowers will be delivered to homerooms on Valentine's Day.
- Don't forget to bring in your donations for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Collections are now occuring in hoemroom.
January 28, 2020
- Sound and lighting, only the ones who Dr. Williams spoke to, will meet today at 3:15pm in the auditorium. Backstage meets on Thursday.
- The winners for the Addams Family poster contest has been decided! This year we have two winners. Congratulations Zobia Chaudry for winning the poster design, and congratulations Charlianne Nutt for winning the T-Shirt design!
January 30, 2020
- Any band, vocal or string students with trip payments for Frozen or Hersey Park please see Ms. Reed at this time.
- BFF/FOR Members: BFF will meet today during lunches. We will not be meeting on Friday. Thank you.
January 31, 2020
- Reminder for homeroom representatives to bring down donation boxes for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to the main office at the end of announcements.
- Students who are in the Sound and Lightning Crew for the Play: Practice next week is Tuesday and Thursday only. Also, if you are riding home with someone other than your parent you must have a signed note from your parent, giving permission to you to ride home with another parent, the parent letter must include a contact phone number in case any issues arise.
February 3, 2020
- Black History Month Announcement
Dr. Charles Drew DOB: (1904-1950) - Major Accomplishments: Best known for his work with blood plasma, Charles Drew helped set up the American Red Cross blood bank. He also established the first blood bank in England and developed standards for collecting blood and processing blood plasma. Additionally, Dr. Drew developed the first mobile blood donation centers.
- Attention 8th Grade Students: If you are interested in singing "Lift Every Voice" as a part of the Black History Month assembly, there will be a sign up sheet on the tables outside the cafeteria during 6th period today. Please sign up. Ms. Reed and Ms. Michaels will begin lunch time rehearsals on Thursday in C6.
- Willow Tree Members: A reminder to Willow Tree members that we will be meeting today during lunches
- HR Teachers: Please, have your students fill out the Big Bowl vote survey at this time. Thank you.
- The resulsts of week one of the Pennies for Patients fundraiser are ing. Great work Cougars! We have already raised $775.94 as a school community. The top homerooms are as follows: in third place Ms. Jolley's homeroom A17, in second place Mrs. Kelly-Melker's homeroom A16, and in first place is Mrs. Ryel's homeroom B19. Collections will continue this week and next week so let's keep up that charitable spirit. Don't forget, the winning homeroom will receive a pasta party from Olive Garden!
- February 3rd through the 7th is National School Counselor's Week! Let's celebrate the contributions of our counselors. This week February 3-7, 2020 the focus is on the unique contributions of school counselors within the U.S. school systems. Thank you Mrs. Niedrach, Mrs. Williams, Mrs. Sarver and Ms. Maddalon for all you do to support Crockett.
February 4, 2020
- Attention Willow Tree Members, there is a meeting during lunch today!
- Black History Month Fact - Famous Protestors: While Rosa Parks is credited with helping to spark the Civil Rights movement when she refused to give up her public bus seat to a white man in Montgomery, Alabama in 1955-inspiring the Montgomery Bus Boycott-the lesser-known Claudette Colvin was arrested nine months prior for not giving up her bus seat to white passengers.
- Leads and understudies have practice this week until 5:00pm - Chorus meets until 4:30pm - Backstage, sound and lighting meet on Tuesday and Thursday until 4:30pm. If you are riding with someone other than yur parent, you must have written permission. All students are to make arrangements to be picked up ON TIME. Please check the auditorium doors and/or google classroom for this months schedule.
February 5, 2020
- All members of chorus and dancers - please note - that practice today is cancelled and for tomorrow as well. Please contact your parents as to a schedule change. Please take your bus home!!
February 6, 2020
- Attention all students interested in singing Lift Every Voice as a part of the Black History Month assembly: There will be a practice today with Ms. Reed in the band room at 12:30.
- Students and Staff: Have you heard of a 3rd party compliment? A 3rd party compliment is basically positive gossip about another person. It is annonymous. You will be given the opportunity to give 3rd party compliments to your friends, acquaintances and teachers. Everyone has positive qualities. Look hard enough and you will find good in all of us. By letting someone know what you've seen, you can inspire them to continue the good and help our school to be a better place. During lunches Monday through Wednesday (2/10 - 13, 2020), there will be a table set up to write your 3rd party compliments. Send one, send many. It's FREE. All notes will be delivered on Valentine's day.
- On Saturday February 1st, 10 7th grade and 8th grade students participated in the 37th Annual MATHCOUNTS Regional Competition at Mercer County Community College. Our students participated in 3 rounds of testing. Our high scorer for this year was Even Chan. Mrs. Sorichillo and Mr. Fiorentino would like to thank all of the students who went on Saturday for making it a fun day! We would also like to thank all of the students who joined MATHCOUNTS this year and all of the hard work that they put into it. Also, thank you to all of the staff members for supporting MATHCOUNTS. Tuesday, February 11th will be our group picture for the yearbook. During homeroom, make sure to check in with your homeroom teacher, and then report to the media center for the picture.
- Student Council and play cast and crew: Remember the coupon books are due back this Friday. If you do not sell one, please return it to the media center immediately. Thank you.
- Leads and understudies will meet today until 5:00pm
- Sound and light crew will meet today until 4:30pm
- Backstage crew check the auditorium doors to see if you meet today until 4:30pm
- Chorus and dancers check the calendar in Google Classroom
- Art Crew will NOT be meeting today
February 10, 2020
- The results of week 2s pennies for pasta competition will be announced tomorrow morning. Donations will be collected until Thursday of this week. In addition to your homeroom teacher having a collection box, there will be boxes in the lunchroom for donations. Check out the school store during your lunch for more information. Keep up the good work Cougars!
- Attention all students interested in singing Lift Every Voice as a part of the Black History Month assembly: There will be a practice today with Ms. Reed in the band room at 12:30pm.
- Reminder MATHCOUNTS group picture in the media center during homeroom tomorrow!
February 11, 2020
- The results of week 2 of the Pennies for Patients fundraiser are as follows: in third place is A22, in second place is A16, and in first place is B19. We have raised a total of $1,109.50 so far. Remember, we are collecting until this Thursday February 13th. In addition to a collection box in your homeroom, there will be boxes at the school store during all lunches. Remember, the winnng homeroom gets a pasta party from Olive Garden, so get those donations in by Thursday to help your homeroom win.
February 12, 2020
- Don't forget about the pennies for patients fundraiser. We are collecting until this Thursday, February 13th. In addition to a collection box in your homeroom, there will be boxes at the school store during all lunches. Remember, the winning homeroom gets a pasta party from Olive Garden, so get those donations in by Thursday to help your homeroom win.
February 13, 2020
- Attention all homeroom teachers, at the end of announcements please send your pennies for patients collection box to the main office with a homeroom represetative. Please send the box, even if it is empty. Again, ALL homeroom teachers please send your collection box to the main office at the end of announcements, even if it is empty.
- Don't forget about the pennies for patients fundraiser. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY WE ARE COLLECTING. In addition to a collection box in your homeroom, there will be boxes at the school store during all lunches. Remember, the winning homeroom gets a pasta party from Olive Garden, so get those donations in by the end of the day today to help your homeroom win, every penny counts!
February 14, 2020
- Students and Staff, PLEASE VOTE! vote for your favorite donut during your lunch break. Donuts can be found in the commons display case across from the cafeteria. The top 6 donuts will be displayed in the local Dunkin Donuts for the month of March for Art Appreciation month. Voting will run from February 14th through February 21st!!!!! Thank you for voting on your favorit sweet treat!!!!
- Attention Art Crew! Crew practice is now extended until 5pm moving forward. Please make sure you have a ride to go home at 5pm for the remainder of practices.
- The results of the Pennies for Patients fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society are in! Way to go Cougars, together we raised over $1,500.00!!! The top three homerooms are as follows: in third place is A22 with a total of $91.88, in second place is A16 with a total of $294.36, and in first place winning the Olive Garden pasta party is B19 with a total of $362.13. Thank you for your kindness and making such generous donations to this worthy cause. Have a nice weekend!
- For Sound & Lighting Crew: Next week sound and lighting crew will practice Tuesday and Thursday until 5:00pm. Starting the week of February 24, 2020 practice will be 4 days Monday through Thursday until 5:00pm. Reminders: Please check the Google Calender daily. On the days of practice sit in the back of the auditorium for attendance and planning.
- Kindness Week Reminder: Monday's theme day is pink or purple, do at least one positive thing for a peer today.
- The winners of today's Ambassadors of Kindness are Camilla Orozco 8th grade, Gia Milinowcz 7th grade and Michelle Campos 6th grade.
February 18, 2020
- Attention all students interested in singing Lift Every Voice as a part of the Black History Month assembly: There will be practice today with Ms. Reed in the band room at 12:30. Today is the last practice.
- Attention Cougars - The Glow Party is Thursday February 27th from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. Permission slips and $5.00 are due February 24th. Join us for a DJ, dancing and glow games. Wear neon or white so your outfit will glow.
- Please check the lost and found any unclaimed items will be donated on Monday March 2, 2020
February 19, 2020
- All coupon books must be returned by Friday, February 21st. We have 100 books not returned. This means that we will have to charge $25.00 for each one not returned. Play tickets are NOW available for purchase. Please see Ms. Olitsky or Ms. Pullen (A12) for the form. Show your support for the cast and crew of the play by purchasng an ad in the Playbill for $5.00 or a t-shirt for $10.00. Pre-order forms are available in the media center. See Mrs. Donovan or Ms. Olitsky for the forms.
- Mrs. Niedrach and BFF/FOR club would like to acknowledge special thanks for all your kindness. Thank you to all those who took the time to send a compliment to a peer or teacher. There were hundreds of compliments-most were sweet and heartfelt. They definitely generated smiles and encouraged kindness from others. Thank you also for all those who took part in our post card writing activity to Major Bill White on Valentine's Day. We made 108 cards for this special serviceman who at 104 years old served our country for 30 years. Thank you Thank you. Your small acts of kindness will have a big impact on our world.
- All "Lift Every Voice" performers please meet Ms. Reed in the band room at this time.
February 21, 2020
- We would like to thank the following students for supporting our school via their performance in the Black History Month assembly. We know it is not easy performing in front of your peers.
- Please vote for your favorite donut during lunch. The top 6 donuts will be displayed in the Dunkin Donuts on route 130 for the month of March! The winners will receive a free donut!!! Thank you Mrs. Zilai and her 8th grade students!!!
- Reminder if you want to go to the glow party school dance which includes glow ball you need to bring in your $5 and permission slip on Monday
February 24, 2020
- Play students and student council members: All coupon books need to be returned or paid for by Friday, check with Mrs. donovan or Ms. Olitsky to make sure you have returned the books. A charge of $25.00 for all books not returned.
- Play: All cast and crew, sound and light, and backstage team A will meet on Tuesday 2/25/2020. Backstage team B will meet on Wednesday 2/26/2020. Check Google Classroom for any updates
- Show your school spirit by placing a $5.00 add or purchasing a T-Shirt for The Addams Family play. See Mrs. Donovan or Ms. Olitsky in the media center.
- Any student with a Music in the Parks payment please bring it to the band room at this time.
February 25, 2020
- Attention 8th grade singers: Any 8th grader who is planning to attend Nottingham and would like to audition for their choirs, please see Miss Michaels to schedule an audition for the beginning of March
- Sound and light crew will meet on Wednesday ONLY this week. Cast and chorus will meet today, Wednesday and Thursday. Please make sure your ride is here for a 5:00pm pickup. Show your support for the cast and crew by buying an ad for our Playbill. It is only $5.00. T-shirts for the Addams Family are available for purchase for $10, pick up a form in the media center
- Attention art crew: Practice is cancelled on Thursday. Art Crew is cancelled on Thursday. Please make sure you go home on your respective buses.
February 26, 2020
- Chorus members: there is choreography today and tomorrow. Let us know if you are going to the glow party on Thursday. Sound and light meets only today this week. T-shirts are available for sale for $10, pre-order by Friday. Ticket sales start on Monday, come to the media center for the form.
- All Student Council, BFF, Willow Tree, Yearbook and Newspaper members please report to the auditorium at the start of first period for field trip information and our group yearbook photo.
- Willow Tree Members: Willow Tree will be meeting today in B15
- The following homerooms are being recognized for having the best attendance overall for Crockett: B6 Ms. Farrell, B14 Mrs. Satzman and B24 Ms. Sorichillo. There will be a breakfast celebration for these homerooms on Friday from 9am to 10am.
- Reminder everyone who paid and handed in their permission slip for the Glow Party that is tomorrow: 4:45pm pickup for 6th grade, 4:50pm pickup for 7th grade and 5:00pm for 8th grade. We will be using black lights. Wear neon colors or white to add to the glow!
- Just a reminder: The middle school volleyball tournament between Reynolds, Crockett and Grice will be held today at Reynolds Middle School from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Please, if possible, come out and cheer on our Crockett students. Go Cougars!!!
February 27, 2020
- Homeroom teachers please distribute bracelets for the dance during homeroom. The names of students who should receive the bracelets are on your envelope. Students will be called down to the dance from their 9th period class. Please hold them in your room until they are called down. 8th grade will be called down first, followed by 7th and 6th grades. Students who are not going to the dance are to leave at dismissal as usual. Everyone staying for the dance should have an orange bracelet. Please tell students 9th period that they should put their things in their locker on the way to the dance. Students will sign in outside the gym. There will be a line for A House students to sign in and a line for B House students to sign in. They will sign in by saying their homeroom then their name. Any questions please let us know.
- Attention 8th grade singers: Any 8th grader who is planning to attend Nottingham next year and would like to audition for their Gospel Choir or Select Choir, please see Miss Michaels to schedule an audition. She will give you a time for your audition on March 4th.
February 28, 2020
- This is reminder that there will be an attendance breakfast this morning from 9:00-10:00am in the media center for homerooms B6, B14 & B24. Please wait for the announcement calling the students down.
March 2, 2020
- Attention all band students: Anyone with a trip payment for Hersey Park or for Frozen please bring it down to the band room and give it to Ms. Reed at this time.
- Tickets for The Addams Family are now available. Stop by the media center to pick up a form. Tickers are selling out. Don't miss out!!! T-shirt forms are also available for sale. Stop by the media center to order yours before they are all gone. Cast, understudies, sound, lighting, chorus and Team A of backstage crew meet today until 6:00pm. Make sure your ride is there on time. Backstage Team B will meet on Tuesday. Chorus bring your costumes to play rehearsal. All play members please report to the media center at 3:00pm today.
- Attention Students! Yearbooks are now available for sale - yearbook order forms have been distriubted via homeroom and may also be ordered on the Crockett webiste...limited stock available! Any questions please see Ms. Huchel in A15.
- Sound and Lightning Crew are practicing until 6:00pm all this week and next week.
March 3, 2020
- We will continue to monitor attendance. We have started our new homeroom attendance incentive for this marking period.
- Cast and crew of the play, all permission slips for the cast party need to be in by Friday. Play tickets are on sale; they are going fast!!
March 5, 2020
- Good Morning Students and Staff: As many of you are aware, the country is experiencing an outbreak of the Corona Virus. From what we know of this virus, it is similar to previous outbreaks of other upper respiratory viruses. Soap and water, and alcohol-based hand santizers, can kill it. Washing your hands is the single most effective tool to combat the spread of this virus. If you cannot get to a sink and water, hand sanitizers can also be an effective tool to kill germs. The video you are about to see will demonstrate the correct handwashing procedure.
March 6, 2020
- Reminder permission slips for the Six Flags Great Adventure trip are due Friday, March 27, 2020 to the main office. Do not forget to have teachers sign your permission slip.
March 9, 2020
Attention Art Crew: Please note that art crew practices are now oever. Please make sure you have a cast party form from the main office. Please note that attendance is required at Dress rehearsal & pizza party this Friday at 8:30pm
If you would like to see the Addam's Family show next week, please fill out a raffle ticket in the media center. Winners will be announced each morning and will receive two complimentary tickets.
This month is Women's History Month, and it's a time to honor all of the women who have inspired us and paved the way for future generations. Women such as Susan B. Anthony, who fought for a woman's right to vote, Justice Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina Supreme Court Justice, and even Judy Blume, a true literary champion who wrote relatable books for children and teens, all deserve recognition. Tomorrow in homeroom you will have the opportunity to acknowledge a woman who inspires you. Today, take a moment to think about who your personal "She-ro" is!
March 10, 2020
- This month is Women's History Month, and it's a time to honor all of the women who have inspired us and paved the way for future generations. Women such as Dr. Mae Jemison, the first African American female astronaut, Grace Hopper, a computing genius who created one of the first computer languages, or Ali Stroker, the first performer in a wheelchair to win a Tony Award, all deserve recognition. Today in homeroom, fill out a star and acknowledge a woman who inspires you. Please share with us who your personal "She-ro" is!
- Reminder for 8th Grade students taking the ELA placement test: Please report to the cafeteria 1st period.
March 11, 2020
- Tickets for the Addams Family are selling out quickly. If you have not bought one for yourself yet, stop by the media center to enter a raffle. A winnder will be announced on Ednesday and one on Thursday and one on Friday. GOOD LUCK!
- 8th Grade students if you have not done so already please bring in your residency forms and documents by March 20th. If you need the re-enrollment forms in English or Spanish please see Ms. Ortize in the B-house office. Thank you.
- Are you interested in Broadway shows? Come join us on April 1st to see Frozen. Please see Ms. Olitsky or Mrs. Donovan in the media center for a permission slip. The cost for a ticket, food and transportation is $125.00. Tickers are limited and will be distributed on a first come first serve basis.
March 12, 2020
- Todays winners for the Addam's Family ticket raffle are Adedeji McCullum and Sheila Joazile. Please stop by A12 to pick up yur tickets.
March 13, 2020
- All students involved with the Play: The play has been rescheduled to April 23rd, 24th and 25th. We appreciate all the hard work that you have done so far. We Know that you will make Crockett proud on our rescheduled dates.
- All of Mrs. Geck's 7th and 8th grade students must collect their instruments at this time from C6. Any 6th and 7th grade orchestra student who needs to collect their instrument must see Mrs. Yingling at this time. Thank you.
- Attention all 6th grade band students with Ms. Reed and 6th grade orchestra students with Mr. Yingling. You must report to your music teacher at this time to collect your instrument and music. All equipment must go home today.
- Attention students: The Youth Art Month Exhibit at Arworks in Trenton for this Saturday, March 14th has been postponed, until April 11, 2020. Your art teacher will provide more information at a later date.