Welcome to Mr. Weibel's 7th Grade Science Class!
Attention Parents / Guardians:
**Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view all upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework!
**I would suggest equipping our students with inexpensive earbuds (Five Below, etc) to use for videos and interactive activities on laptops during class. I never suggest bringing in expensive items to school, but that is an option as well.
Plus, in order to help me maintain reliable communication with you about your child please click here and fill out a very basic Google Form.
Thank you! - Mr. Weibel
Science in seventh grade consists of an intergrated curriculum combining Earth, physical, and life science. Topics include the following:
- Cells and Heredity: the building blocks of life systems and the passage of heritable traits
- Energy in Biotic Systems: photosynthesis and matter cycling, the role of food in growth of organisms, and the effects of resource availability on populations.
- Ecosystems Interactions and Dynamics: the cycling of matter and flow of energy in ecosystems, how changes in an ecosystem affect populations
- Waves, Sound, and Light: the nature and interactions among wave types
- Energy in Physical Systems: speed, mass, and kinetic energy, what effects potential energy, and the transfer of energy.
The District Grading Protocol:
Hamilton Township Schools maintains a district-wide grading policy that breaks grades into 3 different categories:
Summative grades include major tests and most projects. Together the assessements of this type count as 50% of the marking period grade.
Formative grades include small tests or quizzes and monir projects and classwork. Together the assessements of this type count as 40% of the marking period grade.
Independent Practice grades include homework and most classwork. Together the assessements of this type count as 10% of the marking period grade.