Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Ryan Wagner
Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view all upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework.
My name is Ryan Wagner and this is my 17th year teaching at Reynolds Middle School. I have taught 8th grade math and social studies, and sandwiched a considerable amount of time teaching 6th grade social studies in the middle. I used to coach middle school sports at Reynolds but now I am involved with the Reynold Wrap newspaper club on Wednesdays after school. I have been married to my wife, Lena, for over 11 years now and we have two children, Max, 10, and Ava, almost 5. My hobbies are sushi, reading, exercising, Philadelphia sports teams, and my son's travel soccer team. I also host a collectible card or gaming club at lunch time for 8th graders on Wednesday and Thursday, and sometimes Friday. E-mail me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The curriculum for 8th grade involves:
1. The formation of specific social and poitical ideals in the three colonial regions
2. The road to American Revolution
3. Forming a new nation and writing the Constitution
4. The achievements of the early presidents
5. Controversies that arise from the original political parties
6. Spread of America westward
7. Sectional tensions
8. The Civil War