Welcome to the Guidance Site of Kisthardt Elementary School!
The School Counseling program at Kisthardt provides a variety of services to students to help us to reduce risk factors and increase positive assets so that students can effectively learn, grow, and reach their goals. We do this by focusing on each of three areas: personal/social, academic, and career.
To this end, some of the services provided include:
- Individual counseling and assessment
- Groups, formed on an as-needed basis (topics may include: parental divorce/separation, friendship, social skills, grief/loss)
- Family assistance
- Crisis intervention
- Coordination with and referral to outside agencies
- Coordination with Child Study Team and I&RS committee
- Section 504 case management
- Classroom lessons
- Community service coordination
- Anti-Bullying Specialist and School Climate Committee chair
- Providing inservice
Lesson topics include:
- Conflict resolution
- Problem solving
- Goal setting
- Personal safety
- Study skills
- Career awareness
See the Lessons page for further information about what your students will learn with me each month.
Communication between the student and counselor is confidential unless information poses a danger to the student or someone else.
See the Resources page for information and phone numbers about local and national resources for a variety of issues.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you or your family.
(609) 631-4153, ext. 3805