Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Melanie Poppenwimer
*Remote/Online Learning Lesson Plans Located Under Assignments!
*Remote Learning will continue for the remainder of the school year! I will be available to answer questions and concerns about upcoming assignments through both Google classroom and my school email listed below between the hours of 10 am and 2pm.
*Students will now be following the schedule that is listed above moving forward. I will be posting instructional videos each day, where students can view the lesson for that day. These videos are located within my Google classroom sections in a folder titled Virtual Lessons. As always, I am available via Google classroom or email with any questions or concerns as students are completing assignments.
*Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns!
Welcome to Mrs. Poppenwimer's 8th grade ELA class! This is going to be a great year, and I look forward to meeting and working with all of you. My email address is email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Be prepared each day with your ELA materials. (Pencil/Pen, Student agenda, Vocabulary Book, Binder (notebook)
2. Keep your binder (notebook) organized throughout the school year.
3. Grading Policy: 50% Summative (Tests, Projects, Notebook Grade), 40% Formative (Quizzes, Comprehension Questions, Writing Pieces), Independent Practice 10% (Homework, Practice Worksheets)
4. Late Policy on Graded Assignments: One day late: 10 points taken off. Two days late: 20 points taken off. After that, the assignment will not be accepted. *Exceptions will be made for specific scenarios.
5. Homework will not be accepted late.