Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Melanie Poppenwimer
Welcome to Mrs. Poppenwimer's 8th grade ELA class! This is going to be a great year, and I look forward to meeting and working with all of you. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Be prepared each day with your ELA materials. (Pencil/Pen, Student agenda, Vocabulary Book, Binder (notebook)
2. Keep your binder (notebook) organized throughout the school year.
3. Grading Policy: 50% Summative (Tests, Projects, Notebook Grade), 40% Formative (Quizzes, Comprehension Questions, Writing Pieces), Independent Practice 10% (Homework, Practice Worksheets)
4. Late Policy on Graded Assignments: One day late: 10 points taken off. Two days late: 20 points taken off. After that, the assignment will not be accepted. *Exceptions will be made for specific scenarios.
5. Homework will not be accepted late.