8th Grade Resource Room:
In Class Resource Science and Social Studies
“Students MUST sign in to their Google Account and then use this link to check in DAILY”
Click the link below to see Previous Remote Learning Lesson. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FfZrECyBfe8e-07b4TqWtw-2mETZ77tyY_w-lZpJsrw/edit?usp=sharing
Important District Grading Message for Marking Period Three:
All assignments that were completed by March 13th will be graded and counted in a traditional manner.
Any assignment given during our remote learning (past three weeks) in marking period 3 can only serve to enhance a student’s grade; these assignments cannot be detrimental to a student’s grade.
As such, in powerschool for Marking period 3, any remote learning assignment that you see in PURPLE is an assignment that has been “exempted” by the teacher because that grade would be detrimental to the student’s grade.
Information about Remote Learning Plans in the event of a closing:
We are now in Remote Learning beginning March 16 due to Corona Virus Health Concerns, please see Mr. Robb's 8th Grade Social Studies website, as well as this site. Please email me with any questions and I will respond asap after students have reviewed lesson instructions.
Below you will find our Remote Learning Plan for Days 16-20. Assignments can be found in our Google Classroom. Please check our Google classroom and our websites for updated information. Be safe and stay healthy everyone!!
APRIL 6-10,2020-SPRING BREAK!!! NO REMOTE LEARNING!!! ENJOY YOUR WELL EARNED BREAK!!
8th Grade Social Studies Mr. Robb/Mr. Kenworthy
Remote Learning Days 16-20 (April 13-17, 2020)
- 4/13/20: Students will complete an EdPuzzle or a PlayPosit set and complete embedded questions as they view videos. (Submit on Google classroom when you are finished) (Independent Grade)
- 4/14/20: Read Docs 1-5 and answer guiding questions (Submit on Google classroom when you are finished) (Independent Grade)
- 4/15/20: Read Docs 6-10 and answer guiding questions (Submit on Google classroom when you are finished) (Independent Grade)
- 4/16/20: 1. Re-read the Docs, guiding questions and answers, and complete chart provided. Then, choose specific pieces of evidence to support both sides (pro-and anti-) of the argument. On the chart please list specific quotes from the documents and offer a short explanation of the quotes in your own words (Independent Grade) 2.Begin typing your essays (Submit on Google classroom when you are finished)
- 4/17/20: Continue working on essays (Submit on Google classroom when you are finished)
DISTRICT GRADING POLICY
Summative [Tests & Project] - 50%
Formative [Quizzes & Classwork] - 40%
Individual Practice [Homework] - 10%