CORONAVIRUS - REMOTE LEARNING LESSON PLANS
Dear students and parents,
All of my lessons for each day of remote learning will be available in Google Classroom.
We are currently working on a unit based around the classic novel Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. We will be concentrating the skills of summarization and determining theme. We will also be using YouTube's Pemberley Network, which is a channel that remakes classic novels into modern vlogs (in hopes that this will engage student interest in the novel - fingers crossed - )
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails get sent directly to my phone and smartwatch. I will get back to you right away.
Codes to join my Google Classrooms:
***Parents: if you are not already receiving updates from Google Classroom, please e-mail me and ask to be added. If you join using the codes listed below, you will be added as a student - which will cause confusion.
Block 1/2 code: w3xinrm
Block 4/5 code: p44boup
Block 7/8 code: p2aw3gv
What materials do I need to purchase for class?
- pens & pencils
- a highlighter
- loose leaf paper
- 3-ring binder
- a folder
What textbooks will we use in class?
- your student agenda
- Language Network (stays in the classroom)
- Literature (stays in classroom)
- Vocabulary for Achievement second course
What will I be learning about?
- grammar - parts of speech, capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, agreement
- writing - paragraph structure, narratives, persuasive essays, explanatory essays, an autobiographical incident, an eyewitness report, a research paper, using dialogue, and poetry
- reading comprehension - fiction, non-fiction, 3-4 novels, short-stories, plays, literary terms, and reading strategies
- vocabulary - denotation / connotation, synonyms/antonyms, context clues
How will I be graded?
- Summative - 50%
- Tests and projects (BIG assignments)
- There are 4 types of tests: grammar content, reading comprehension, notebook and vocabulary
- Formative - 40%
- most work falls into this area
- Independent Practice - 10%
- practice worksheets
- If there are 10 problems for homework, and you complete 8, you will receive 8 out of 10 points. That equals an 80% B for that assignment.
What will happen to me if I get in trouble in class?
- first offense - warning
- second offense - private conference with Mrs. Conover
- third offense - parent contact
- fourth offense - conference will ALL of your teachers
- fifth offense - guidance involvement
- sixth offense / serious offense - office referral
Consequences for inappropriate behavior are determined on an individual basis and will go hand in hand with the steps listed above.