Degrees and Certifications:
BA History BA Secondary Education Certified: History (K-12), Elementary Education (K-6), and Middle School English Language Arts (6-8)
Welcome to Mrs. Banger's Teaching Site!
Since 2014, I've been a proud member of Crockett Middle School's teaching staff. Working with 8th grade students for the past four years has been wonderful, but I'm excited for this school year (2018-2019) and the new adventure I'll be embarking upon. This school year I'll be teaching 7th grade B-Hall students and I couldn't be more excited! Together my students and I will explore amazing stories and create wonderful pieces of writing - it's going to be a great school year!
Mrs. B's Classroom Expectations
1. Students will arrive to class on time, prepared, and ready to work.
2. Cell phones will be turned off and out of sight during class time.
3. Backpacks will be stored in the student's designated locker (as per school policy).
4. Students will treat one another respectfully, and remember that their actions speak just as loudly as the their words.
5. It is up to each student to keep track of their own Table of Contents; this is a SUMMATIVE GRADE each marking period that will largely impact the student's overall marking period grade.
6. Silent reading novels are required for class every Friday. This is to ensure that students have spent at least 20 minutes each week reading with the intention of completing their Marking Period Book Project.
7. Vocabulary quizzes will be administered every Friday unless otherwise stated.
8. If a student misses class for any reason it is up them to find out what they missed and complete the work in a timely manner.