Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view all upcoming
due dates for assessments, projects, & homework.
District Grading Protocol
Summative 50% ~ Tests, long projects, etc.
Formative 40% ~ Quizzes, short projects, in class assignments, etc.
Individual Practice 10% ~ Homework
Grade 7 Mathematics Course Overview
In this class, students will build on strengthening their mathematical foundation. We will continue to build on skills previously learned as well as introducing new concepts which include: Ratios and proportional relationships, The Number System, Expressions and Equations, Geometery, Stastics and Probability. The strategy employed in class is a balanced approach of instruction while allowing abstract thought, reasoning and inquiry which will help with internalizing concepts with greater depth of understanding.
Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
The Number System
- Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
Expressions and Equations
- Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
- Draw, construct and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.
Statistics and Probability
- Use random sampling to draw inferences about a population.
- Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.
- Investigate chance processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models.