Below you will find information pertaining to Mercer County Community College. Students enrolled in Dual Enrollment for English at Steinert should visit the English 101/102: Dual Enrollment page on the Guidance website.
We hope you are continuing to make the best of your Remote Learning days. Please remember that all seniors are encouraged to complete the Seniors Scholarship and Awards form. Please note that you must be signed into your Hamilton Township School District student Gmail account to complete this form.
Here are some important updates concerning students who wish to attend Mercer County Community College next year.
If you are attending Mercer County Community College (MCCC) in the summer or fall of 2020, please make sure to do the following:
- Apply to MCCC using their online application
- Contact your counselor to have your Steinert transcript sent to MCCC.
- Determine if you need to take a placement test for English at MCCC
You do not need to take a placement test if you received a 450 or greater on the EBRW (Reading/Writing) Section of the SAT.
If you did not take the SAT, or did not get a score of 450 or greater on the EBRW, you will need to take a placement test.
- If you need to take a placement test, please send your Guidance Counselor an email. In the coming days, MCCC will feature an online reading test on its website, which will replace the Accuplacer, to determine English placement for students who do not have a qualifying SAT score. We will let you know when it is available.
- If you do not need to take a placement test, please contact Ms. Lisa Bogdziewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to register for your classes remotely. Registration appointments can be done over Zoom, the phone, or even via email. You will need to share your SAT scores with Ms. Bogdziewicz so please download a copy of your SAT score report from your College Board account.
- Through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, MCCC has over $1.9 million in direct aid to assist students with varying needs. This funding can assist our students with tuition and fees, paying for books, food, transportation, housing, childcare, and technology, etc. These funds are limited, so students are urged to complete a short online application to identify their needs. Students will be contacted after completing the application. MCCC is committed to continue to help our students through this difficult time.
Please contact your counselor via email if you have any questions about this process.
Ms. Andersen- email@example.com
Ms. Burzin- firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Koutsouradis- email@example.com
Ms. Magley- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Turnbull- email@example.com
Mrs. Wilmot- firstname.lastname@example.org