This course deals with all aspects of Chemistry
REQUIRED SUPPLIES - Bring the following to class every day:
- Unit Work Packet
- Pens and sharpened pencils
- Calculator (capable of scientific notation)
GRADES - Marking period grades will include the following:
1.Summative Assessments (tests) – 50%
- Formative Assessments (quizzes and some labs) - 40%
- Individualized Assessments (homework, work packets and some labs) - 10%
UNIT WORK PACKET
Includes all numbered sheets in the unit. At the end of the unit, the packet is to be stapled together and turned in for a grade. .
- It is the student's responsibility to make up any missed work.
- It is the student's responsibility to promptly show homework that was due on days they were absent.
- The student will be given one extra day to prepare for a test/quiz if they are absent on the review day. (the day prior to the day of the test/quiz)
- If the student is absent on the day of the test/quiz, they are expected to take the test/quiz on their next day in class.
To SUCCEED in this class you must:
- Complete assignments on time.
- Bring the required supplies.
- Take notes and keep an organized notebook.
- Study for tests and quizzes.
- Ask for help when needed.