This course involves an in-depth, comprehensive review of linear motion, projectile motion, circular motion, forces and Newton’s Laws, gravitation, work and energy, momentum, harmonic motion, rotational motion, mechanical waves, electrostatics and basic DC circuits.
REQUIRED SUPPLIES - Bring the following to class every day:
- Unit Work Packet
- Pens and sharpened pencils
- Calculator (capable of scientific notation)
GRADES - Marking period grades will include the following:
1.Summative Assessments (tests) – 50%
- Formative Assessments (quizzes and some labs) - 40%
- Individualized Assessments (homework, work packets and some labs) - 10%
UNIT WORK PACKET
Includes all numbered sheets in the unit. At the end of the unit, the packet is to be stapled together and turned in for a grade. .
- It is the student's responsibility to make up any missed work.
- It is the student's responsibility to promptly show homework that was due on days they were absent.
- The student will be given one extra day to prepare for a test/quiz if they are absent on the review day. (the day prior to the day of the test/quiz)
- If the student is absent on the day of the test/quiz, they are expected to take the test/quiz on their next day in class.
To SUCCEED in this class you must:
- Complete assignments on time.
- Bring the required supplies.
- Take notes and keep an organized notebook.
- Study for tests and quizzes.
- Ask for help when needed.