How to prevent Tick borne illness:
1. Always walk in the center of trails to avoid contact with ticks. Ticks live in or near grassy or wooded areas.
2. Keep your yard clean: mow lawns, clear brush and remove leaf litter
3. Apply insecticides: Use EPA registered repellent with DEET on skin and permethrin on clothing, boots and camping gear
4. Cover up: wear long sleeves and pants tucked into socks to prevent ticks from getting under clothes
5. Shower: showering can help find and wash off unattached ticks
6. Inspect: check your body for ticks.
Symptoms from a tick bite occur
- 3-30d for Lyme disease
- 7-14d for ehrlichiosis
- 7-14d for anaplasmosis
- 2-14d for Rocky Mt. Spotted fever
- 7-63d for Babesiosis
For more information please checkout this website