ENGLISH 101 AND 102: DUAL ENROLLMENT PROGRAM
This program allows students to complete 6 MCCC credits during their senior year of high school. Credits earned through the Dual Enrollment Program may be used toward high school and/or college requirements. This program was developed in response to the 12th Grade Option initiated by the New Jersey Department of Education. Through Dual Enrollment, students are able to take a MCCC course at Steinert in their senior year at the high school.
Why Dual Enrollment?
Taking Mercer County Community College courses while in high school can defray the total cost of attending college. Credits earned through dual enrollment can be used toward degree requirements at MCCC and/or, depending on the program of study, transferred to a four-year college or university. The Dual Enrollment Program enables students to accelerate their college career. Students enrolled in this program may enter their freshman year of college with advanced academic standing.
To participate in the Dual Enrollment Program, high school students must:
- Have senior status
- Submit the online Admissions Application. Please be sure to pick 'Concurrent High School' as your Admit Type.
- Take the ACCUPLACER placement test or submit SAT / ACT scores.
- A score of 450 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (ERW) portion of the SAT or 21 or higher on the English portion of ACT exempts you from the English portion of the placement test.
- Students who score a 4 OR 5 on the Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College and Career (PARCC) English Language Arts/Literacy Grade 11 exam are considered college-ready.
- Complete and submit the Concurrent Enrollment Registration Form and submit to the Guidance Office. Incomplete forms will not be honored.
- Be responsible for all costs associated with the Dual Enrollment Program including tuition, books, fees, and course materials.