It is important to read at home on a regular basis! Here are some tips on how to choose a book that is "Just Right" for your child.
Choosing A "Just Right" Book
1. Choose any page in the book you selected
2. Have your child begin reading.
3. Count the words your child does not know.
4. If more than 5 words are not known on the page, this book is too hard.
5. If fewer than 5 words, ask your child- Do you understand the page? Is it
interesting? Is their reading smooth?
6. If your child answered "Yes" to the questions above, it is an appropriate book to
read. If your child answered "no", find another book and start over.