Welcome to 10th Grade Health & Physical Education!
Drivers Education & Substance Awarness & Overall Wellness
2017- STATE EXAM Permit Test Date- DEC 5th~
The information for my class is posted throughout the website. Please feel free to navigate through the site and use the resources posted. Don't forget to view the calendar for upcoming tests/quizzes and homework! For students missing notes or assignments due to absences, refer to those sections to make up the work.
10th Grade Health Requirements & Procedures
Teacher: Mr. Jankos
Phone number: 609-631-4150 Extension 3415
Course Description: The course is designed to teach driver education theory, understanding the automobile, the laws of the road, traffic and highway engineering, insurance, consumer education, detrimental substances, and First Aid.
Textbooks: Driver’s Education Manual and Community Health & Safety
1st & 2nd Marking Period Grading Weight:
10% Individual Practice
Types of Formative Assessment 40%
· Observations during in-class activities; of student’s non-verbal feedback during lecture
· Homework exercises as review for exams and class discussions)
· Reflections journals that are reviewed periodically during the semester
· Question and answer sessions, both formal—planned and informal—spontaneous
· Conferences between the instructor and student at various points in the semester
· In-class activities where students informally present their results.
· Student feedback collected by periodically answering specific question about the instruction and their self-evaluation of performance and progress
Types of Summative Assessment 50%
· Examinations (major, high-stakes exams)
· Final examination (a truly summative assessment)
· Term papers (drafts submitted throughout the semester would be a formative assessment)
· Projects (project phases submitted at various completion points could be formatively assessed)
· Portfolios (could also be assessed during it’s development as a formative assessment)
Individual Practice 10%
Health & PE
Driver Education- Simulator & BTW
Head Wrestling Coach
Online Quiz Links Below