Welcome to first grade! I’m very excited to begin a new school year. There are many new things to learn and explore! I look forward to meeting all of you at our Back to School Night on Monday, September 24th at 7:00. A lot of additional information will be shared, so I hope you can attend. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Here are just a few notes about First Grade:
- School Dismissal
If for any reason there is a change in your child’s dismissal, please send me a written note.
- Weekly Specials (9:45-10:25)
Monday- Gym (Sneakers need to be worn)
Tuesday- Library (Return books the following Tuesday)
Friday- Art (Smocks need to be brought in)
- Lunch Money
When sending your child with lunch money, please send it in a sealed envelope or zip-lock bag with their name on it. If your child is a frequent lunch buyer, I strongly recommend that you purchase prepaid lunches. It makes life easier for you.
Homework will begin within the first couple of weeks of school. Look for spelling practice assignments, short reading passages to build comprehension skills/fluency, and daily math homework.
- READ, READ, READ! First Grade is all about reading! Please look forward to reading each night with your child to enhance their reading fluency and comprehension skills.
- Additional Reminders
- Please make sure your child brings a book bag, take-home folder, and any notes and completed homework to school each day.
- Label everything! This avoids confusion or loss of personal belongings.
- No toys or valuable items should be brought into school.
Continuing this year, we are focusing on having a positive “Growth Mindset”. We will strive to develop a Growth Mindset by believing through hard work, good strategies, and input from others they can achieve anything. I look forward to a fantastic school year!!