Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to our 6th & 7th Grade
Language Arts Class!
In our class, we will:
- read for pleasure and discover, or hone, our reading personalities
- continue to practice reading for information and analyzing others' writing as we read
- write for pleasure as we play with styles and authors' crafts
- write to tell a story, to inform, and to persuade
- communicate our ideas clearly with each other and actively listen to the ideas of others
- develop our vocabulary and grammar skills so our communication skills are taken seriously
- allow our peers to practice these skills in a safe and supportive environment and expect the same of them in return
Our growth in these skills will be reflected in the following grading policy:
Individual Practice: 10%
Attention Parents/Guardians: Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal to view all upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework.